China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd. (CDFG) is the only state-owned enterprise authorized by the State Council to operate duty
free business across the country, currently operating more than 200 duty-free stores in nine categories in mainland China,
Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Cambodia, covering airport, in-flight, border, ferry terminal, railway station, ocean shipping
supply, ternational Shopping Complex, the world’s largest single downtown duty-free store. In 2017, CDFG won
1) the Hong Kong International Airport duty free liquor & tobacco concession ; 2) T2 and T3 duty free concessions in the international
area of Beijing Capital International Airport; 3) 6 arrivals airport duty-free concessions in Kunming, Guangzhou, Qingdao, Nanjing,
Chengdu, Urumqi in succession, making CDFG the widest duty-free type coverage and having the most retail outlets in China.
- About CDFG：
- China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd. (CDFG), established in 1984, is the only state-owned enterprise authorized by the State Council to operate duty free business across the country. In accordance with the State policies, CDFG exercises unified management of the national duty free industry (i.e. unified operation, unified purchasing, unified retail pricing and unified development of management regulations). After 30 years of rapid development, CDFG has become the duty-free operator with the widest duty-free type coverage and the most retail outlets in a single country, making numerous splendid achievements:
Covering30provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions in China (including Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan) and Cambodia
types Global top 3duty-free
distributors Global top8duty-free
- In 2004, CDFG and China International Travel Service Limited (CITS) jointly set up CITS Group Corporation, which brings greater opportunities and platforms for CDFG.
- In response to the “Belt and Road Initiative” and the national “go-global” strategy for state-owned enterprises, by following international practices, CDFG has been actively exploring the overseas market by establishing subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan in succession, successfully opening Jinmen Offshore Duty-free Store, conducting foreign ship supply business in Taiwan, establishing cruise duty-free stores, establishing CDF (Cambodia) Co., Ltd and forming CDF-Lagardere （CDFL）, a joint venture with Lagardere, thus leading the international and diversified operation of duty-free business.
- The year 2011 saw successful operation of CDFG’s offshore duty free business in Hainan, which started a new chapter for China’s duty free industry. In September 2014, Sanya International Shopping Complex built with a total investment of 5 billion RMB was opened, the world’s largest duty-free commercial complex, which became another milestone in the history of China’s duty-free industry. The opening of Sanya International Shopping Complex marks more powerful vitality of China’s offshore duty-free policy and means CDFG has greatly improved its capabilities in large-scale investment promotion targeting name brands as well as operation and management of large-sized retail platforms, bringing China’s duty-free industry to the next level. Over the past years, CDFG has been actively engaged in international competition, with new breakthroughs made in business development. On January 26, 2017, CDFG won the inbound duty-free concession at Kunming Airport, followed by acquisition of inbound duty-free concessions at Guangzhou Airport, Qingdao Airport, Nanjing Airport, Chengdu Airport and Urumqi Airport. On April 5, CDFL won the Hong Kong International Airport duty free liquor & tobacco concession through highly competitive bidding process.
- On June 30, CDFG and its majority-owned subsidiary Sunrise Duty Free (China) Co., Ltd. respectively became the first successful bidders for the T2 and T3 duty free concessions at Beijing Capital International Airport.
- Looking into the future, CDFG will keep integrating its resources, deepening its system reform, innovating its operation mechanism and lead China’s duty free industry to become larger and stronger. CDFG will actively make progress into main business-related areas, so as to become a world-class duty free operator.
- Message from President:
- Founded in 1984, China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd. (“CDFG”) has been operating for over 30 years and made significant progresses under the guidance of competent authorities with generous support from all walks of life and unremitting efforts of several generations of CDFG people. Here, I’d like to take this opportunity to extend on behalf of all CDFG people our sincerest gratitude to leaders at all levels, our partners both at home and abroad and friends from all walks of life for their care and support!
- With China’s reform and opening up, the first duty free store in China was opened in 1979, more than 30 years later than the world’s duty free industry. Despite this, CDFG has seized historic opportunities, leveraged the rapid growth of China’s economy and tourism industry and carried out the strategies of business conglomeration, internationalization and professionalization. While setting up a nationwide duty free sales network, improving duty free services, improving the images of duty free stores as windows of Chinese cities to the outside world and bringing China’s duty free industry more in line with international standards, CDFG has achieved its own transformation from a traditional duty free distributor to a retail operator and from dedication only to duty free business to engagement in many other areas related to travel retail. In doing so, CDFG has displayed its prominent role as an industry leader with a growing overall strength and influence both at home and abroad, becoming an indispensable force in China’s tourism industry and a key player in the world’s duty free industry.
- Three decades of exciting development has witnessed the growth of China’s duty free industry, and more importantly, encouraged CDFG to compete in the international market with boldness and resolution, tempered the corporate character of always having the courage to go beyond with a team who are determined to accomplish our missions.
- Against the infinite space and time, thirty years is as transient as the flash of a meteor. However, previous accumulations will certainly be our invaluable wealth, which will enable us to compete, prevail and keep ascending greater heights in the future. We do believe that with the deepening of China’s reform and opening-up and the sustained prosperity of the tourism industry, CDFG will turn a new chapter and embrace a glorious future!
- CDFG President
- Chen Guoqiang
No fear of difficulties, Professionalism and efficiency, Team work, Boldness and innovation
Looking into future, CDFG will integrate its resources in the field of duty-free business and travel retail and endeavor to become a world-class duty-free commodity supplier and operator, provide its domestic and overseas customers with commodities and services of high-quality at reasonable prices, march towards becoming a world-class business group and make greater contribution to the propensity of China’s tourism industry while making China’s duty-free industry and travel retail industry bigger and stronger.
The representative of China’s duty-free industry and China’s largest luxury operator
No fear of difficulties, professionalism, efficiency, teamwork and innovation
Mission: Sharing the joy of shopping and extend the enjoyment of travel
Business philosophy： Customer-centric and market oriented
The State Council approved and authorized China Travel Service Corporation to set up a duty-free division (predecessor of CDFG)dealing with duty-free business nationwide. In the same year, China’s first duty-free store was opened.
China Duty Free Company was formally established with the approval of the State Council
A branch was set up in Hong Kong for the procurement and distribution of duty free goods overseas.
Beijing Downtown DutyFree Store, the first downtown duty free store in China, was opened. Wu Xueqian,Vice Premier of the State Council, Dai Jie, Director-General of the GeneralAdministration of Customs and He Guangwei, Director of the National TourismAdministration, paid a visit to the store for inspection.
CDFG started toexpand its retail channels and established CDFG Heihe Duty Free Store, thefirst border duty free store in Asia.
By introducing Chineseproducts into duty free stores, China’s duty free stores became the bestplatform to showcase the choicest Chinese products to tourists from all over theworld.
China Duty Free Group was founded as a consortium of 103 enterprise legal persons.
China Duty Free Company was renamed China Duty FreeGroup Corporation.
Qian Qichen, Vice Premierof the State Council, visited CDFG's Dongning Border Duty Free Store inHeilongjiang province.
Shanghai DowntownDuty Free Store was opened.
China Travel Retail Summit hosted by CDFG was held inthe Great Hall of the People, marking the first large-scale international conference in China’s travel retail industry.
Wan Guoquan, ViceChairman of the National People's Congress, inspected the Shanghai DowntownDuty Free Store.
CDFG became one ofthe first franchised retailers for 2008 Olympic products with authorization of theBeijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (BOCOG).
With approval fromthe State Council and the State-owned Assets Supervision and AdministrationCommission (SASAC), CDFG and China International Travel Service (CITS) Limited,carried out strategic reorganization and jointly established CITS Group Corporation.
Four logisticscenters under the supervision of the Customs in Shenzhen, Shanghai,Qingdao,and Dalian formed a nationwide distribution system for duty free goods.
CDFG established a salesterminal overseas for the first time, marking a breakthrough in the overseasmarkets.
China Duty Free GroupCorporation was restructured and renamed China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd.
CDFG was cited as anexcellent central enterprise by the State-owned Assets Supervision andAdministration Commission and the Ministry of Human Resources and SocialSecurity.
CDFG ranked among theTop 500 Service Enterprises in China for the fourth consecutive year, and wasselected as a Best Human Resources Enterprise Model in 2009.
China InternationalTravel Service Co., Ltd., including all of CDFG's business and assets, was successfullylisted on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
On April 20th,Hainan offisland duty-free policy was officially implemented, and the CDFGSanya Duty Free Store was officially opened to offisland travelersand become the first duty free store to practice offisland duty-free shoppingpolicy in China.
Sanya International Shopping Complex project, the global largest duty-free shopping center, officially started.
On February 1, the ninth type of duty free business in China made the debut with the maiden voyage of Star Cruises’SuperStar Gemini in Sanya.
In December, an independent B2C website was launched to carry out cross-border electronic business and the CDFG zone at kjt.com (a cross-border business platform) went online officially.
On September 1, Sanya International Duty Free Shopping Complex, the world’s largest mono duty-free mall, was opened.
On December 30, Angkor Duty Free Store, CDFG’S first downtown duty-free store outside China, was opened.
CDFG was selected into the Top 500 Service Enterprises of China for 6 consecutive years.
CDFG membership project, the first duty free membership system in China, was launched on September 15.
On December 30, Sihanoukville Duty Free Store in Cambodia was officially opened, the second overseas downtown duty-free store of CDFG.
Phnom Penh Duty Free Store, CDFG’s third downtown duty-free store in Cambodia, was opened in August, further improving CDFG’s presence in Cambodia.
On January 26, CDFG won inbound duty free concession at Kunming Airport and replicated its success afterwards at Guangzhou Airport, Qingdao Airport, Nanjing Airport, Chengdu Airport and Urumqi Airport.
CDFG signed Agreement on Equity Transfer of Sunrise Duty Free (China) Co., Ltd with Sunrise Duty Free (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and Sunrise Duty Free Group Limited in March. After the closing of the deal in July the same year, Sunrise Duty Free (China) Co., Ltd became a majority-owned subsidiary of CDFG.
On April 5, CDFL, the Joint venture between CDFG and Lagardere Travel Retail, won the Hong Kong International Airport duty free liquor & tobacco concession.
On June 30, CDFG and its majority-owned subsidiary Sunrise Duty Free (China) Co., Ltd respectively won the T2 and T3 duty free concessions at Beijing Capital International Airport for the next eight years as the first bid winners.
Main lines of business
As the industry leader, CDFG has grown from a duty-free distributor into China’s largest luxury operator at present, after completing a tremendous transformation from a distributor to retail operator and extending beyond the traditional duty-free industry to travel retail industry.
A global sales network:
CDFG operates over 200 retail stores in over 90 cities in 30 Chinese provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) and in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh in Southeast Asia. CDFG has set up 7 customs regulated logistics center covering the whole country in Dalian, Shanghai, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Sanya and Hong Kong, improving its logistics efficiency and performance using state of the art control system and distributing commodities efficiently nationwide.
Distribution of duty-free commodities： As one of the top 3 global duty-free goods distributors, China Duty Free Group (CDFG) has been working hard to improve its ability and performance in terms of duty-free commodity variety, commodity brand, global purchasing, logistics and distribution, providing its customers with the top-class and most genuine and most current duty-free commodities within the shortest possible timeframe.
Duty-free commodity retail： CDFG has become China’s largest duty-free retailer, one of the global top duty-free retailers. CDFG has been working to provide passengers with a luxurious and confortable environment, value-for-money price, professional management and a homey and ultimate experience.
Offshore duty-free business
Offshore duty-free business
Sanya International Shopping Complex, the world’s largest single duty-free store, is located at Haitang Bay, Sanya, Hainan Province, offering commercial, catering, recreational, leisure and shopping conveniences under the duty-free theme, covering a building area of about 120000 m2, gathering over 300 world-famous brands and covering numerous categories including perfume and cosmetics, clothing and accessories, leather goods and luggage, watch and jewelries, food and general merchandises. The architectural design of the complex is inspired by begonia best known as most beautiful flower, blossoming on the blue shoreline just like a gorgeous crabapple and making the complex one of the important landmarks in Sanya.
In response to the “Belt and Road Initiative” and the national “go-global” strategy for state-owned enterprises, by following international practices, CDFG has been actively exploring the overseas market by establishing subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan in succession, successfully opening Jinmen Offshore Duty-free Store, conducting foreign ship supply business in Taiwan, establishing cruise duty-free stores, establishing CDF (Cambodia) Co., Ltd and forming CDF-Lagardere （CDFL）, a joint venture with Lagardere, thus leading the international and diversified operation of duty-free business.
Travel retail business
Travel retail business
By leveraging its purchasing channels, sales network and retail management expertise accumulated in the field of duty-free business, CDFG actively explores China’s travel retail market, reaches out into airport business, retail of Chinese specialty products, high-speed railway business and franchised commodity retail and ahs established several CDFG-branded stores including Lile Gallery that deals with high-end luxury and choice Chinese products, in an effort to diversify its business.
30 provinces and autonomous regions（Covering the whole country (including Hongkong, Macao, Taiwan) 90 More than 90 cities 200 More than 200 Retail stores
Store： Sanya International Shopping Complex
Add: #188, Haitang North Road, Haitang District, Sanya, Hainan Province
Wechat public account (if any): cdf offshore duty-free- Sanya International Shopping Complex
Store：DUTY ZERO Hong Kong Airport tobacco and wine duty-free store （inbound and outbound stores）
Outbound store： No. 1 passenger building
Inbound store： Arrivals hall in No. 1 passenger building
Service hotline: （852）3913 2555
Wechat public account：DutyZero Hong Kong airport duty-free store
Store: Phnom Penh Duty Free Store
Add: NagaWorld, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Kham Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Service hotline: 023 960 888
Wechat public account: CDF-Cambodia duty free
Angkor Duty Free Store
#755, St Watt Bo, Banteaychas, Slor Kram, Seim Reap.
Service Hotline: 063 766 663/ 097 8556688
WeChat Public Number: CDF-Cambodiadutyfree
Sihanoukville Duty Free Store
Store address: #4, St: 23 Tola, Ochheuteal, Krong Preah Sihanouk
Service Hotline: 034 210 188
WeChat Public Number: CDF-Cambodiadutyfree
Guangzhou Airport Duty Free Shop of Guangzhou Xinmian Duty Free Co., Ltd.
Outbound store：International Departure Hall, Baiyun International Airport, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province
Inbound shop：International Departure Hall, Baiyun International Airport, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province
WeChat Public Number：中免集团广州机场免税店
杭州机场店（Outbound store、Inbound shop）
WeChat Public Number：cdfghz
昆明机场店（Outbound store、Inbound shop）
WeChat Public Number：昆明机场免税品店 gh_a47a1cdea3f4
Shenyang Xiantao International Airport Duty Free Shop
Store address：International Departure Hall, Xiantao International Airport, Dongling District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province
Service Hotline：+86-18704032810 / 024-31929226
WeChat Public Number：CDF沈阳机场免税
WeChat Public Number：中免集团厦门免税店
Shanghai Wusongkou Cruise Port Ferry Terminal Duty Free Shop
Store address：Store Address: Ferry Terminal of Wusongkou Cruise Port, No. 1, Baoyang Road, Baoshan District, Shanghai
WeChat Public Number：scdf8081
Qingdao Airport Duty Free Shop
Store address：International Departure Secured Hall, Liuting International Airport, Qingdao City, Shandong Province, China
WeChat Public Number：CDFG_QDAP
Store address：云南省瑞丽市姐告边境贸易区 国门大道369号 国门旁免税店
WeChat Public Number：RuiLi_CDF